Monday, June 21, 2010

Relax Tired Muscles Easily And Naturally - Upside Down


So often we are tied to our desk and chair - at work and even after work (when we slip into our home office and start catching up on some work after dinner). If you spend as much time as I do at the desk, sitting, typing, reading, then you may have tight and painful shoulders, back pain and very tight hamstring too. 


I love massages and I also have a hand-held electronic massager, but today I have a DIY and natural way of relaxation that I want to share with you. Are you up for it?


Do you remember me inviting Lucas Rockwood for a tele-class on living your naturally healthy and stress-free life? That class did not go as well as we would have wanted it to.  We experienced technological woes as Barcelona had a city-wide telecommunication problem and we could not quite hear Lucas! And since then, Lucas has gone on a teaching trip to Asia and I could not get him back for another while ...


However, thanks to video recording, we have Lucas here again showing us how we can do a simple child's pose - only this is an inverted child post. Simple, safe and it really makes a difference. Child pose is a great restorative and relaxing pose.  I see my little nephew doing it all the time, even at the restaurant especially when he is desperately fighting jet lags.  Try this child pose and see if it works for you. You do want to experiment and try new things, right?


Watch his video on doing an inverted child pose - the one that says (Japanese Dressing, Child's Pose) then try it. It will be fun!


One thing I learn in yoga is that I learn to work with my body and not push it. Gravity, letting go and sinking in gradually and naturally will open up the tight joints and relaxes our muscles. No need to push and pull with force. Nice and gentle, take you deep breathes, get some blood and oxygen circulating and then we are ready for another hour or focused work! That is what productivity is about. 


I hope you'll find this helpful. Let me know how it goes. And while you are at it, you may also want to introduce more raw food into your diet. It not only saves you time cooking and cleaning, it provides your body with more wholesome nutrients. Check it out!

Posted via web from AbundantLivesCoaching.com | Louisa Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment